- Pastoral Care
INFANT BAPTISM & DEDICATION is a ceremony in which parents and families make a commitment before the Lord to submit a child to God’s Will, and to raise that child according to God’s Word and God’s ways. We baptize babies because we believe it is an opportunity for the seed of faith to be planted in a child so when they are of age they will make a decision regarding their faith.
We offer three forms of Baptism at the Cathedral: Sprinkling, Pouring or Immersion.
Baptisms take place on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month. Candidates are asked to contact the office at 510-655-6114 for scheduling.
- “Listening” means giving your full and undivided attention. It does not mean offering a solution to a problem or how to “fix” a situation.
- “Supporting” means offering the nurture and validation to an individual even if we don’t fully understand his or her needs.
- “Encouraging” means boosting someone’s faith and confidence through the power of the Holy Spirit.
- “Helping” means opening your heart to anyone you believe to be in need of pastoral care within our community of faith.
Services provided directly through our (Benevolence) Ministry are:
- Financial assistance with utility bills.
- Financial assistance with housing obligations.
- The Steward Board accepts applications the first week of every month.
- Staff and volunteers review, approve or deny requests within 7 – 14 days.
As a newly engaged couple faces the task of planning a wedding, you might find that every other decision will be based on the location of the ceremony. If you are active member here at BMC you should look no further. If you have your heart set on a church wedding planning ahead is necessary. As a guideline, try to book the church a year in advance.
The Bible shows us that marriage is a beautiful gift given from God to a man and a woman for the purpose of bringing Him glory and making us faithful. Godly marriage is often an image as Christ’s relationship with the Church. (Ephesians 5:31-33) Knowing this, we here at Beebe Memorial Cathedral take very seriously our responsibility to guide couples who moving toward marriage. To that end we offer pre-marital counseling opportunities. For more information please contact our office (510) 655-6114
Services provided are as follows:
- Memorial services, graveside services, homegoing services
- Referrals to cemeteries and funeral homes
- Telephone call support and visitations to homes, hospitals, nursing homes, Hospice programs, rehabilitation centers, etc.
CLICK HERE for more information about our Bereavement Ministry services.